This blog will soon be featuring recipes using Trader Joe's ingredients, including Gluten Free and non-sugar. Keep checking back!

Tuesday, January 20

Trader Joe's Gluten & Dairy Free Homestyle Pancakes - In the frozen breakfast section


What to look for if you'd like to try these


Three pancakes in each individual wrapping


A close up look at a prepared pancake - looks like a pancake to me!

  • Price: Very good $1.99
  • Servings: 4 (4 packages of three small pancakes each)
  • Preparation: Excellent
  • Storage: Must be kept frozen
  • Taste: Good, very "pancake-like", although if not warmed properly the consistency will be rubbery and dry. Very good for a gluten free product
  • Kid Friendliness: Excellent, my kids loves these little pancakes with real maple syrup or jam pretty much any time of day.
  • Real Cooking time: 1 pancake in my small microwave takes about 1 minute 20 seconds. 3 pancakes takes about 2 minutes 30 seconds. (Our microwave is small so keep an eye on them while heating your pancakes the first few times.) I've tried toasting them but they are so small I'm afraid they'll get stuck down in there. I have not tried the oven yet, but I can see where that would taste best (doesn't it always?) and you could warm the whole box more effectively.
  • Overall: Very quick and easy for those mornings you don't know what to make. A good alternative to Wholefoods prices. We're going to keep buying these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Would love to hear some ideas for more reviews too!