This blog will soon be featuring recipes using Trader Joe's ingredients, including Gluten Free and non-sugar. Keep checking back!

Thursday, January 22

Trader Joe's Sipping Chocolate




  • Price: unknown, this was a gift
  • Servings: Says 9 on the can, but we don't make it that rich, so probably about 18
  • Preparation: Warm milk on the stove, just like the old days, and add the amount you prefer. Follow directions on the tin. We also added marshmallows.
  • Storage: Keep in cupboard in the tin the beautiful tin
  • Taste: Hot chocolate like when you were a kid, not bitter, just rich and mellow
  • Kid Friendliness: Oh yeah!
  • Real Cooking time: 5 minutes or so
  • Overall: Fabulous item, we love it. I hope to find it at TJs soon, and that it wasn't a holiday item!

5 comments:

  1. I came across this a couple of winters ago and bought a can to compare it to a sipping chocolate I had tasted at Starbuck's. It passed with flying colors.

    I went back and bought two more cans, one to keep and one to give as a gift. It's not always available, and it is spendy, but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRING IT BACK - THIS CHOCOLATE SHOULD BE AVAILABLE YEAR ROUND!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AGREE! I BROUGHT 4 CANS, BECAUSE I NEW THEY WOULD NOT STOCK IT. wHY! ITS A GREAT SELLER WISH I KNEW WHERE TO GET MORE.

      Delete
  3. Get one of these: http://www.caffeforte.com/products/Bodum_chambord_%20frother.jpg, throw some milk and TJ's sipping cocoa in, zap it for 1:30 - 2:00, and froth it up. It mixes everything perfectly and you get a nicely frothed hot chocolate.. yummm!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Would love to hear some ideas for more reviews too!