This blog will soon be featuring recipes using Trader Joe's ingredients, including Gluten Free and non-sugar. Keep checking back!

Monday, February 1

Going Allergy Free

So I raided Trader Joe's when I was in town two weeks ago and flew home with a nice stash of tea, parmesan cheese, nuts and dried fruit and a big box of organic basil! I promptly made cream of tomato soup with lots of basil and bought a large round of brie to make tomato, basil and brie sandwiches on French bread. Pretty much heavenly.

I guess I'll have to start including being away from Whole Foods too. It's an extremely extravagant store on my part...I mean, not really affordable. Except now that my middle child is on such a strict semi-vegan diet...I have to go there. March 5 & 6 will see my husband and I on our second trip to Kansas City! We're going to see Cheap Trick that Friday night and then shop at WF on Saturday morning. Luckily some friends are hosting us, and some others are driving, so this trip should be somewhat relaxing.

My shopping list includes:

A few loaves of gluten free bread
Organic soy milk (which is nowhere to be found in this town!)
Gluten and wheat free tortillas
Dairy free grated cheese (soy)
Organic and citric acid free tomato/marinara sauce
Large quantities of organic oats
Chocolate chips
Various vitamins for the kids
Probably some coffee and chocolate for us grown ups

Trader Joe's will have to wait until I can get to St. Louis, but I will go to the one in La Canada again in March as I am traveling westward again to visit my daughter and go on a retreat! Have to keep looking forward to things...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Would love to hear some ideas for more reviews too!