This blog will soon be featuring recipes using Trader Joe's ingredients, including Gluten Free and non-sugar. Keep checking back!

Wednesday, March 24

Two recent trips to Trader Joe's

I traveled to my old stomping grounds twice in the past two months.  And I can tell you it was very unpleasant to pack all my TJs items and carry them on the plane etc. and so forth.  I kept thinking how I just need to drive to St. Louis one Saturday and just fill up then.  But the hassle did not outweigh the need for Rice Pasta (the best!) and Tahini.  I also brought back some Turkey Keilbasa that had no sugar or nitrites!  I froze it and then packed it in a checked bag, although I guess I could carry it on in the future.  The tahini is great, although I need to make sure and eat it all soon.  Tahini is a sesame seed paste to which garlic, salt and lemon juice has been added.  Great for those of us who are on allergy free diet.

Which I haven't mentioned here, but I started about three weeks ago to kill yeast and parasites.  I won't go into detail here, but you can read about it here if you like.

On my first trip to TJs in January I bought everything my heart desired...including mini peanut butter cups, cinnamon pita chips, ice cream, and chocolate.


Then I found out that I am sensitive to wheat, oats, milk and coffee.  And that I am acidic!  Great!  I was bummed about all that, but am finding that I don't really miss dairy that much, but I do miss sugar.

1 comment:

  1. What you might do is ship over night instead of packing then with you. I have done this and found that it is not very expensive.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Would love to hear some ideas for more reviews too!