This blog will soon be featuring recipes using Trader Joe's ingredients, including Gluten Free and non-sugar. Keep checking back!

Friday, May 21

Finally made it to Trader Joe's in St. Louis

One of the Trader Joe's in St. Louis area (yes, I made it!)

I finally drove the three hours from Springfield to St. Louis with my long shopping list to Trader Joe's. I hope they appreciated my effort. Luckily this one was on the western edge of the city so I didn't have to drive another hour to the other side and it was also off the freeway (or is it highway here?).
I took my friend Dee with me. She was amazed by all the affordable food (as compared to chain grocery stores, like Price Cutter and Dillons). She even bought some pizza dough for 99 cents!

I rolled out of there with two cart fulls. I only spent $200. That includes a few bottles of wine and two cases of water (which I didn't really need, but I love their water).
I stocked up on things that are expensive where I live, such as: organic almonds, dried fruit, rice pasta, tomato sauce (with no citric acid people!!!!), lots of tea, chicken broth and more.
I did not take a picture, although next time I will.

I cannot believe they don't want to open one in my area! Springfield is KNOWN for eating and shopping!!! It would be so trendy.
Anyway, I shall continue sending emails to them and leaving comments on the facebook page.
I'll add that link to the sidebar.

I have another TJ's trip planned for the month of June. Wanna join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Would love to hear some ideas for more reviews too!